Saturday, January 7, 2012

Number 6

The Senator Has No Clothes

I just saw a news clip of Rick Santorum being interviewed by Chris Wallace regarding his desire to re-impliment "Don't Ask, Don't Tell".  Santorum's position basically boiled down to his fear that homosexual soldiers aren't able to keep their, uh, equipment in their trousers for more than five minutes at a time.  I was dumbfounded by his logical inconsistencies.  It was interesting to note that Wallace (who works for FOX), seemed equally incredulous, and was actually asking some challenging follow-up questions.

Two observations.  One:  I have many gay and lesbian friends in my life, and I know next to nothing about any of their sex lives.  This notion that equates civil rights with rampant acts of homosexual lovemaking is ridiculous.  Two:  Santorum is an idiot.  Whether I agree with their political positions or not, surely the religious right could have a more articulate and thoughtful individual as their spokesperson.

No comments:

Post a Comment